Monday, February 20, 2012

11weeks (2.20.12)

Well, this week is my 11wk mark. Finally home stretch of the 1st trimester. 1 down, 2 more to go.

Since my last post both the baby and myself have made progress. The baby is now the size of a fig. I think it's funny how every pregnancy book, website, app, etc compares the baby growth to a food. I mean I know we eat more and all. Are they trying to tell us something we already know. That we should be eating healthy that is. It's always healthy food they compare the growth to. Why not a m&m opposed to a lentil? LOL.

I'm happy to say that the morning/day sickness is now mostly in the afternoon. Ready for it to be totally over though. Hoping to only have maybe 2 more weeks at most of it. Although the past 2wks or so I've felt really bloated. That's getting pretty annoying.

Work was beginning to get very stressful. I was either always sick, crying or just all over tense. So my husband and I decided it's time I take some time off and relax and have no stress or worries. I've begun to feel better since I did quit. I've been reading alot more. Even decided to do some crafts. Like crochet and some puzzles and few other fun things. Keeps me busy and it's fun and relaxing. Started doing some prenatal yoga and small work outs every other day. Being sure not to over do it.

This week we have another appointment. Meeting with one of the nurses to discuss what all our insurance is going to cover and what we will have to pay for out of pocket. Following that I'll be meeting with my OB for a full work up (blood work, pelvic exam) and we will get to ask any and all questions we have. He will also order the next u/s. Which will be performed between 16-18wks (depending on what our insurance covers). That u/s will be very detailed and focusing on the over all development thus far along with hoping to find out the sex of the baby. So exciting!!!

We made our first baby purchases since my last post. We bought a Graco travel set stroller. The ones with the carseat and 2bases. It's really nice and neutral colors for either gender. Next big thing will probably be the crib and changing table. I've already got the set picked out. I attatched a picture of the crib (bedding will be different of course) and the stroller.

Guess that concludes this post. Until next time. Toodles!!





No comments:

Post a Comment