Tuesday, May 22, 2012

24wks (5.22.2012)

     Well, it has been a while since I last posted. But I have been a busy bee and spending quality time with my husband and family. Since here soon we will have out little one that will be occupying our time together. But we have been enjoying every second of it!
     Today marks my start of my 24th week. Only 16 more weeks to go. Man we sure can't wait for September to hurry up. I celebrated my first Mother's day this year. Yes I know my little one has not made his appearance yet but I have been a mother since I conceived our first angel baby who beat us home last year.  My wonderful husband gave me a baby book for Mother's day. That way I can start on it (since it has things pertaining to my pregnancy and stuff about Mommy and Daddy in it. I absolutely love it! I can't wait until Father's day. Man do I have something in store for him! Simple yet meaningful. I am actually starting on it today. I am making it my PLAN to start on it!
     The past few weeks I have spent it with family. I had some family fly in from overseas and my grandparents were in town. So Steve and I were spending as much time as we could with them. We sure do love our family. Our family has never been better. Yes there are quirks and those who we have out wall up and don't spend time with. But we both love our family.
     There has not been too many changes with the pregnancy since I last posted. Other than my belly is getting bigger (got to check out my FB page for weekly updates on that). I have been experiencing what is called "round ligament pain" which is basically all the muscles and stiff stretching in preparation for my ever growing son and belly. I have also begun to experience Braxton Hicks contractions. They are NOT painful at all. More annoying than anything. Literally your whole belly gets tight for a few min. However the Braxton Hicks along with the round ligament pain can be pretty painful together. One or the other it is not so bad. But joy and love of pregnancy. I have FINALLY began using the body pillow to try and help me get comfortable at night to sleep. It honestly does not really help much and we are thinking of getting me one of the Boppy Body pregnancy pillows. Hoping that it will help me get some sleep finally.
     We get to see our son for the last time until he is born on June 5th. This is when they will be doing the 4d ultrasound. I am so excited and can't wait. I think my daddy will be going with us to that appt. I will also be taking the glucose test that day as well. And after that appt I will start going in every 2weeks to be checked. WOW I can't believe it is already that close that I am having to go every 2 weeks now. Soon enough it will be every week and then BABY TIME!!!! After our appt on the 5th we will finally be per-registering at the maternity wing. Get that out of the way for when he decides to come we don't have to do that. And I am going to be making appointments to go interview pediatricians so Hubby and I can decide on which one we are going to choose to be  his pediatrician. I have a whole page of questions that I want answered. Which the answers will help in our final decision.
     Well, it is time for this mommy to get up and do a few things before my morning snack! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment